Chhatrapati Shahuji Maharaj Medical University (CSMMU), Kanpur conducted the medical entrance test i.e. – UPCPMT 2014 /CPMT 2014 or Uttar Pradesh Combined Pre-Medical Test with the help of Government of Uttar Pradesh for the admission of courses such as MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BHMS, BUMS programs in various Governments recognized Dental / Medical / Homeopathic/ Ayurvedic/Unani colleges of Uttar Pradesh. Uttar Pradesh being big state, UPCPMT/CPMT caters lakh of students every year. NO of seats are very limited and competition is high. Roughly around 800 to 850 seats are there. Directorate General of Medical Education (DGME) and Training is the governing authority of the CPMT 2014 exam.
Courses offered through CPMT 2014:
- MBBS – Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery,
- BDS – Bachelor of Dental Surgery,
- BHMS – Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery,
- BAMS – Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery,
- BUMS – Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery
The CPMT 2014 medical entrance exam will consist of 2 papers & follows the syllabus of 10+2 or HSC pattern followed by most boards across India. The 1st paper consists of 100 objective type questions from Zoology and Botany (Biological Science). The 2nd paper will consist of 100 objective type questions from Chemistry and Physics. Each section contains 50 objective type questions. The duration of the exam is 3 Hours/180 minutes.
The candidates, who have qualified the exam, will be allocated seats in the colleges through Counseling. The candidates will be arranged in the increasing order of their ranks depending upon their score in the entrance exam.
CPMT 2014 Eligibility Criteria: Eligibility to CPMT 2014 (Uttar Pradesh Combined premedical test) criteria is given below and it is discussed in much detail. Eligible candidates who are willing to take UP CPMT 2014 can get the application form independently from major branches of Central Bank of India in Uttar Pradesh. The merit of the entrance examination determines the selection of the candidates. The eligibility criteria of the entrance examination are enlisted below.
- The candidate should be a resident of Uttar Pradesh, as well as a citizen of India. In case of non-resident the candidate should fulfill the domicile criteria as laid by the government of the state.
- The candidate’s age limit for entrance examination on or before December 31, 1997 has been born. Age shall be taken in relation to anything not sag.
- The candidate should completed age of 17 at the end of year in which you have taken the admission. The maximum age of applicant should not more than 25 years.
- The candidate should have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination from Uttar Pradesh Board or any other recognized Board / University with physics chemistry and biology as core subjects of study. Those students who have not passed their 12th class exam from UP but their parents belong to UP (With domicile) can also apply for this exam.
- The candidates, who are appearing in the qualifying examination or who are waiting for result, can also apply.
- The candidate should have scored 50% marks in these subjects for the general class candidates and relaxation of 10% is there for SC/ST/OBC candidates.
- For BAMS Course, the candidates, who have passed Madhyama Examination of Sampurnanand Sanskrit University, Varanasi are also eligible.
- For BUMS Course, the candidates, who have passed High School or equivalent Examination Passed with Urdu as a subject of study, are also eligible.
UPCPMT 2014 Important Dates:
- UPCPMT 2014 Application Form begins : update later
- UPCPMT 2014 Exam date: not announced yet
- UPCPMT 2014 online Application Form: http://upcpmt.nic.in/
- Last date for submission of UPCPMT 2014 application form without last fee and with late fee: update later
- UPCPMT 2014 Admit card/ Hall ticket: http://upcpmt.nic.in/
- UPCPMT Last Year Cutoff Marks : update later
- UPCPMT Syllabus: update later