UPCPMT stands for Uttar Pradesh Combined Pre – Medical Test. Its a state – level entrance examination conducted by the Uttar Pradesh government in order to give admission to candidates to medical courses like - MBBS , BDS , BHMS , BAMS , BUMS. The Kanpur based Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University conducts this examination under the UP Government. This examination is taken by candidates to take admission in various Medical colleges ( Government – Aided / Government/ Private) of Uttar Pradesh to get into medical courses. This examination is usually held in the month of JUNE every year. Its one of the most competitive state level entrance exam. The candidates who wish to take this exam should have minimum of 17 years of age, but should not be more than 25 years old. The Directorate General of Medical Education (DGME) and Training is the governing authority of the CPMT 2015 exam.
Different medical courses offered under UPCPMT 2015 are listed below :-
- MBBS - Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery
- BDS - Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- BHMS - Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery
- BAMS - Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery
- BUMS - Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery
Candidates Eligibility Criteria for UPCPMT 2015 is as follows –
- In regards to age limit, the aspiring candidate should be born on or before 31st December, 1997. The candidate must have minimum 17 years of age but should not be more than 25 years old.
- Candidate must be a permanent resident of Uttar Pradesh, but if he/she is not a permanent resident of Uttar Pradesh then they should have done their study from any schools of Uttar Pradesh or from the board of Uttar Pradesh.
- Candidate must have passed their 12th or its equivalent from a government recognised State / Central board with Biology , Chemistry , Physics and English as the core subjects.
- Candidates who have B.Sc. degree with Biology , Chemistry , Physics and English from any recognised University , can also apply.
- The Cut-off marks is 50 percent for General candidates , whereas, 10 percent for OBC/SC/ST candidates.
UPCPMT 2015 Availability of Seats – There are 800 to 850 seats available in all UPCPMT affiliated Medical colleges. These seats are including the seats for General, Backward, SC and ST candidates in all. Out of these many seats, there are 35 paid seats as the management seats. The medical colleges refer to the score card of the candidate which must be above 1000 rank in order to get admission in different medical courses. The colleges which are not affiliated to UPCPMT also refer to the score card of the candidate. UPCPMT 2015 Syllabus
- As per the latest syllabus of UPCPMT 2015, it contains Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology subjects.
- The UPCPMT entrance examination comprises of two papers – one includes Physics and Chemistry ; and the other includes Zoology and Botany.
UPCPMT 2015 Exam Pattern
- The exam is conducted on Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology subjects
- It comprises of two papers – one includes Physics and Chemistry; and other includes Zoology and Botany.
- The exam consists of total 200 objective types of questions (50 questions from each subject). The candidate needs to attempt all 200 questions.
- The duration of the exam is 3 hours .
- There is negative marking for every wrong answer.It means for every incorrect answer the candidate will lose marks.
- The examination is conducted in both Hindi and English languages.
How to Apply or Register ?
The candidates can apply for the UPCPMT 2015 Entrance Examination through the offline process , as its been happening usually. The application forms will likely be available in any of the designated branches of Central Bank of India (CBI). The candidate will have to buy the form along with the information booklet and OMR sheet . The General and OBC ( Other Backward Classes) candidates can get this form with payment of Rs.1280 , while the SC (Scheduled Caste) and ST (Scheduled Tribe) candidates can get it by paying Rs.680 in the said Bank. The candidate must read the information booklet thoroughly before filling the form and then should fill the OMR sheet carefully with Blue or Black ball -point pen. After filling up the Application form, the candidate should post it through Speed/Registered Post to the below mentioned address– “ The Chairman, C.P.M.T – 2015, CSJM University, Kalyanpur, Kanpur – 208024, UTTAR PRADESH. “ UPCPMT 2015
Examination Dates –
- The Form and the Information booklet along with the OMR Sheet will likely be available on the last week of APRIL 2015.
- The last date for sale of Booklet will be likely the end of MAY 2015.
- The last date of receipt of Application forms will likely be closed before the 3rd week of MAY 2015.
- The Entrance Examination will likely be held in the month of JUNE 2015.